The Cancer Conqueror is a very popular book among those who are recovering from cancer and for their loved ones. It is helpful for anyone who is discouraged and needs to feel more hopeful. You can buy a used copy here.
The author, Greg Anderson, overcame metastasized lung cancer (he was given only 30 days to live), and wrote this book to share "how a positive attitude affects cancer and may even contribute to its cure". It is full of positive affirmations and information about the UNtrue things about cancer, and he focuses on the TRUTH about cancer.
Anderson says in the book:
Untruths [about cancer] lead to beliefs that result in despair.
With despair there is no power.
But the truths lead to hope.
With hope there is significant power.
The 3 Major UNtruths about cancer
- Cancer means death
- Treatment is ineffective and has bad side effects
- Once you contract cancer there is nothing you can do to help yourself.
The 3 Major TRUTHS about those statements are:
- Cancer may or may not mean death.
- Treatment is getting more effective and side effects are less severe every day.
- Once you contract cancer, there are many things you can do ~ especially spiritually, psychologically, and emotionally to help yourself.
I got an email today from a friend of mine who has just learned that her lungs have stage 4 cancer. It is a shock for everyone involved to find out news like that. I know she will be okay.
Six years ago I was in a clinic every day for two months receiving treatment for my illness. There were many cancer patients there and they were all talking about this book. I bought it for myself to keep my spirits up (along with continued prayer and reading The Book of Mormon and The Bible). I have loaned my copy of this book to many people with cancer, or other physical conditions, and they end up buying their own copy.